- Helps support healthy joints and mobility
- Helps promote cartilage health
- 8000mg Glucosamine
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Recommended for Senior Horses
Horse Joint Supplement
Glucosamine Chondroitin Yucca
Whether your horse is a top show competitor, an older trail riding companion or a family pony, equine joint care is a vital part of equine care. From jumping to dressage, barrel racing to reining, hard work, old age and even cold climates can cause joint problems in many horses.
Your horse’s joints are constantly working, and natural mechanisms help protect the joints and connective tissues. Synovial fluids work to lubricate and reduce friction between articular cartilage in the joints. But age, stress related injury or just normal wear and tear can compromise this natural process. You can help restore and maintain good joint health and mobility by adding InflamAway EQ horse joint supplement to your horse’s daily care program.
Concentrated and formulated without artificial fillers, each serving of InflamAway EQ contains 8,000 mg. of Glucosamine HCl, 400 mg. of Chondroitin Sulfate, MSM, Yucca and Vitamin C resulting in an extremely potent joint supplement. InflamAway EQ’s advanced formula is made with an exclusive blend of synergistically combined ingredients that help to repair and rebuild damaged joints and is scientifically formulated to provide maximum support.
Glucosamine, which is a natural compound found in cartilage and other connective tissues, works to control inflammation and maintain and repair joint cartilage. While Glucosamine comes in two forms (hydrochloride and sulfate), we specifically use Glucosamine Hydrochloride (HCl) in InflamAway EQ. We have chosen this form over the sulfate variety as it provides on average 25 – 30% more glucosamine for a given weight. By using InflamAway EQ, you are providing your horse with a highly pure concentrated source of glucosamine that is readily absorbed into his system.
Chondroitin Sulfate is believed to inhibit enzymes that destroy cartilage and assists in the production of synovial fluid and collagen. Research has shown that when Glucosamine and Chondroitin are combined, the effect is greater than when taken individually. This “synergistic” process is a kind of amplification of these important supplemental ingredients. The addition of Chondroitin gives InflamAway EQ a strong advantage over horse joint supplements that provide Glucosamine alone.
Believed to contribute to joint, tendon and ligament health because of it’s sulfur-donor role, MSM or methyl sulfonyl methane, is a naturally occurring compound that helps fight inflammation and supports the formation of strong connective joint tissue.
InflamAway EQ Benefits:
- Maximum support for healthy joint function
- Helps rebuild & repair damaged joints
- 8,000 mg. of Glucosamine HCl (per serving)
one of the highest of any horse joint supplement
- Concentrated formula without additives or fillers
Use InflamAway EQ for:
- Strong Support: For horses with chronic or acute issues, such as excessive stress or damage to the joint tissue.
- Maintenance Support: Preventive support to maintain joint health for younger horses or general daily joint support for older horses.
- Moderate Support: As a support formula for working horses, or horses showing initial joint problems.
- 1 scoop for therapeutic (strong) support
- 1/2 scoop for maintenance support
- 1lb size (454g) contains approximately 30 scoops
- Dosage based on 1,000 lb. horse
- Ponies use 1/2 dosage
- Miniature horses use 1/4 dosage
Ingredients (per scoop):
- Glucosamine HCl8,000mg
- Chondroitin Sulfate400mg
- Vitamin C100mg
- Zinc Citrate100mg
- Manganese Citrate50mg
(In a base of alfalfa)
Doc, my 29 year old Quarter Horse, had a torn ligament and was so sore. I had him on bute and stall rest, and decided to try InflamAway EQ. I could NOT believe the difference I saw in my Doc! He is no longer sore, he’s walking sound and solid and when I turn him out with his buddies, he’s running and playing right along with them. I am thrilled with the results of InflamAway EQ – thank you! Marie – Norwalk, CA
I’ve been using InflamAway EQ on my 5 1/2 year old Quarter Horse since he was 2. After he had surgery for bone chips at UC Davis he was stiff and I put him on the product. He is now sound and useable while on InflamAway EQ. I’ve tried other horse joint supplement products but didn’t see results. InflamAway EQ continues to keep my horse sound and happy. Sheri – Loma Rica, CA
I’ve been using InflamAway EQ on my 13 year old Quarter Horse for almost a year, and I’m thrilled with the results! He’s an all around ranch horse and has been active his whole life – from reining to cows, he’s done it all. I noticed he was a little stiff in the beginning of our rides, so I put him on InflamAway EQ and it’s really made a difference. Great product and I’m recommending it to all my friends. Lisa – Paso Robles, CA
I have 3 older retired Quarter Horses that I keep on InflamAway EQ, which really helps them with swelling in their legs and keeps them moving like they were youngsters! The oldest one is 30 and the other day he was out running and bucking right along with the other old ones. I’ve really noticed the difference since I started using it – I think they’re ready to show again! Jenny – Cave Creek, AZ
I searched looking for a horse joint supplement to relieve inflammation and arthritic feeling in my 18 yr old quarter pony. Besides stalking up everyday she was also stiff in her hocks. I needed a long term solution in between hock injections. Ive tried them all. Since starting InflamAway EQ, she hasn’t had any swelling in her back legs and is moving around like the show horse we know and love!
My 20 year old Missouri Foxtrotter who is a retiree was having trouble getting up after she rolled. Once she would get up, she’d hold her leg up. It was like she “stung” it kicking a pipe! I was thinking oh here we go – age is starting to creep up and she’ll start having difficulty getting up! I started her on InflamAway EQ and in a matter of two days, she was running around and rolling, LEAPING up from the ground! She actually bucked like a bronco! This product is simply AWESOME. My 20 year old is going on 2 again.
My 23 year old Appendix jumper was stiff and slow to loosen up on a light hack, and jumping was simply asking too much. Then he started on InflamAway EQ and in a matter of DAYS he’s made an AMAZING leap back in time to his competition days! He’s playing now with his “brother” in the pasture when turned out, and under saddle he’s JUST AMAZING! He’s jumped a course again and he loved it! I was ready to quit long before he was!! I have never recommended a product before, but this is just simply a life-changer for my very perfect companion!
I have used InflamAway EQ previously on another senior horse and was very pleased with the results. My old girl was having trouble getting up and down and seemed to be in discomfort. This product helped her and she lived until she was 30! I’m using it on that horses daughter as an alternative to Bute and so far so good.
When I started using horse joint supplements, my intentions were to try a new supplement every 60 days in order to find a fit for my 29 year old mare. She was obviously stiff and not moving as fluid as she used to. I started with InflamAway EQ, and though I was satisfied tried others to be sure that there was nothing better. There wasn’t , and I came back to InflamAway EQ very happy to see my mare out trotting and tossing her head with her younger Arabian pasture mate.
- Related Research Articles:
- Byron CR, Stewart MC, Stewart AA, Pondenis HC. Effects of clinically relevant concentrations of glucosamine on equine chondrocytes and synoviocytes in vitro. Am J Vet Res. 2008 Sep;69(9):1129-34.
- Rodgers MR. Effects of oral glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates supplementation on frequency of intra-articular therapy of the horse tarsus. Intern J Appl Res Vet Med. 2006;4(2):155-62.
- Maranon G, Munoz-escassi B, Manley W, et al. The effect of methyl sulphonyl methane supplementation on biomarkers of oxidative stress in sport horses following jumping exercise. Acta Vet Scand. 2008 Nov 7.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic effects of yucca schidigera:J Inflamm (Lond). 2006; 3: 6
- Secor ER Jr, Shah SJ, Guernsey LA, et al. Bromelain limits airway inflammation in an ovalbumin-induced murine model of established asthma. Altern Ther Health Med. 2012 Sep-Oct;18(5)9-17